First off, let me thank Justin for putting this together. We haven't worked in the same office for a while now, and I really miss sharing music with these dudes. Secondly, I'm also stoked to hear what everyone else is into. So, without further ado, here they are. Hope you enjoy.
1. Awesome Color - Eyes of Light - 2008. Heard this album this year and just really got into it. I like the repetitive beat of it. The album is great by the way.
2. Arzachel - Leg - 1969. A gift from Last.fm this year. The album was recorded in a cave in the Ukraine. For real.
3.The Black Angels - 2010. I've been following these Austin dudes for a couple years now. They're just about everything I look for in a rock band. See them live if you get the chance.
4. Girls - Lust For Life - 2009/10. I know, this song would probably be on every girl that works at URBN's top list for the year, but, there's something I really like about it.
5. Dungen - Gör Det Nu - 2007. Psych/Prog/Folk. I don't know. Some weird Swedish freak-out shit. I guess I missed the boat on these dudes. I remember people being stoked on this R5 show.
6. Mount Carmel - Livin' Like I Wanna - 2010. Almost sounds like the first Grand Funk album with a little less testosterone. And that's cool with me.
7. The Warlocks - Standing Between the Lovers of Hell - 2010. Some mellow stuff from a band that's awesome.
8. Wooden Shjips - Contact - 2009. Music to smoke drugs to.
9. Sleepy Sun - Wild Machines - 2010. Just got into this band a couple of months ago and haven't stopped listening to it. They're a good mix of dreamy and psych.
10. Wild Nothing - Drifter - 2010. Great song from a great album.
11. Washed Out - New Theory - 2010. A little more synthy than I'm used to, but that's a good thing. Their name actually describes the music quite well.
12. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill - 1985. I may have heard this one before this year, but for some reason, it's really stuck with me lately.
13. Zola Jesus - I Can't Stand - 2010. This is almost some Goth cross-over type stuff. It's dark, but her voice is beautiful.
14. Phosphorescent - Reasons To Quit - 2009. I really like this dudes stuff. So, when he put out a tribute album to Willie Nelson, I was stoked. I've always like Willie's version which was written by Merle, but this is a nice twist.
PS. Sorry Justin, there was no way I could come through with just 10 songs. Hope you don't mind.